Thursday, June 12, 2008

Big News for Me

Well, for those that care, I got some big news last Thursday. It seems my busy schedule, excessive traveling and poor eating habits have caught up with me. Although I have been working out and have cut out soda (diet and regular), and have dropped 28 lbs., I seem to have acquired Diabetes. So even more drastic changes will have to be made to my lifestyle. I though it might be interesting to post my progress, some of you may not care, but I think it may be therapeutic for me. So I will post a list of my blood sugar and times. My goal is to get under 130 in the mornings. Today I was 187. That is better, however, then the 314 I had when I found out I had Diabetes. So I may discuss diet, good grilling recipes and preventative measures also in the new Health Section of this blog. I just want to stress to anyone that even reads this blog who cares about their health, we all need to do better in our eating habits and how we maintain our fitness. So, come on and take a diabetic ride with me, who knows, maybe we might do some good for someone. If you are diabetic also and feel that this might be a good place to vent, discuss, share or whatever, then feel free, that is the purpose of a blog. Take care, eat right, exercise, and keep reading this blog.

In Him,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Started this morning. Moved my weights to the back yard, and started pumping aluminum. I'll get to the iron after a few more sessions - it's been a while. Being in Colorado, and watching everyone hike and bike, got me inspired to get back in shape myself. By the way check out this link on 8 foods every man should eat.
http//health.msn.com/nutrition/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100205488>1=31036
Food #4 is especially interesting.
Good luck on your program - keep us posted.

Inspection is Crucial

Inspection is Crucial
Make sure you inspect your ladder regularly. Your safety depends on it!